Monday, July 28, 2008

I Feel Peaceful Here






Jonathan Harris gave a talk on TED.com recently and I listened to it today. If you're a blogger, or just interested in storytelling or people around the world, it's worth checking out his site at http://www.wefeelfine.org/. He has some cool ways of visually presenting data from blogs and quantifying feelings expressed on the internet, for example tabulating the most common words posted on blogs after "I Feel"....

His story collection work is similar in some ways to that of the Storycorp Project, showing how the stories of common people are often more interesting than those of people we might consider more distinguished.

These photos are also from our favorite park, where we visited again this past weekend. It's always peaceful like nowhere else when we arrive and I'm typically cringing in embarrassment at our constant role as "the loud family." No risk of running into any teachers, colleagues, drunk teenagers, baseball teams, people with loud radios or next door neighbors. In fact, I've never run into anyone I know here - not even the playgroup moms who told me about it. (I didn't see the word "peaceful" listed as a feeling on the We Feel Fine site, but maybe his search engine will find it today.)




2 comments:

tut-tut said...

I feel peaceful just looking at it from here . . .

Anonymous said...

Jen, you have a beautiful yard. I am visiting your mom and she is fixing pizza! We are both ignorant of blogging and need help. Your mom is a treasure and we keep each other laughing.
Go, Barack!
Smooches,
Eileen